- This event has passed.
San Diego: The Current State of Cannabis Technology
September 19, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The business of cannabis is emerging as the biggest new industry in many years. With the legal changes comes scientific, technology, marketing and financial challenges and opportunities. This panel discussion will bring together experts on the changes that are emerging as most critical to businesses.
- Learn about the cannabis industry
- Understand the new Business to Business landscape
- Discover what makes a business a good fit for the industry
- Discuss the regulatory and marketing challenges that this new cannabis industry is facing with such rapid growth in San Diego
To educate business professionals on the technology and related financial issues surrounding the cannabis industry. To inform the audience and help expand the knowledge and understanding, including the policies, the supply chain, and the banking challenges.
Introduction to the cannabis industry (market size, supply chain overview)
- Regulations: What can businesses expect: County, City, State, and Federal laws
- Software and hardware
- Barriers to entry
- Policies and employment outlook in San Diego
- Ancillary/support businesses
- Advice for success
- Failure and risks.
Conclusion: Final thoughts by panel and moderator
Moderator: Kendra Losee
Kendra Losee, CEO of Mota Marketing, is dedicated to helping businesses grow through marketing. In addition to working with clients to determine their marketing strategies, she teaches marketing at universities, and launched a course teaching social media to cannabis entrepreneurs. From social media to traditional marketing, Kendra’s 20 years of award-winning marketing experience helps her lead the way in cannabis marketing and other industries. Kendra earned her BA in Communications from UCSD, her Executive MBA from the Krannert School of Management at Purdue University and is halfway through her MFA in Creative Writing from National University.
- Policies – Dallin Young, Executive Director, Association of Cannabis Professionals
- Global Investors and Entrepreneurs – Eric Gomez, VP: Max InterAmericas Inc, CEO: maxiaNET, CEO: Canopy San Diego
- Business Owner – Lincoln Fish, CEO at OutCo
- Lawyer (to be announced)
5:30: Registration, Networking, food and drinks
7:30: Audience Q & A
8:00: Program Concludes, Networking, Coffee & Dessert until 8:30
REGISTRATION & COST
MITEF Members and MITEF Sponsors: Free
MIT Alums: $50
NOTE: Online Registration ends at 11AM, the day of the event. If you register online after 11AM, you will be charged $75, the on-site price. NO REFUNDS after Sept. 14
PAYPAL is our payment processor and accepts ALL MAJOR Credit Cards.