*NEWS: Calling All Tech Startups for a Global Pitch Contest
Startups in a wide variety of fields, including telecommunications/5G; blockchain; entertainment/media and artificial intelligence (AI) can apply to pitch to a panel of judges at a global event taking place in L.A. in September. The deadline to apply for the pitch contest is July 26.
Mobile World Congress Americas will host the event from September 12-14 under the auspices of 4YFN, an acronym for Four Years From Now. 4FYN is itself a tech startup event. It facilitates other startups, investors, companies and public institutions to discover, create and launch new ventures together. The event will feature more than 150 of the latest tech startup innovations from across the globe.
The event is in L.A. this year to be in close proximity to the telecom industry and its access to the billions of mobile consumers around the world.
4YFN delivers a comprehensive program for startups, investors and companies – helping them boost their disruptive businesses in the tech, mobile, digital and entertainment ecosystems. It provides services like private network lounges; startup demos; inspirational talks; mentoring sessions; and community outreach.
Entrepreneurs will get to meet companies in the mobile industry, as well as vertical industry players like gaming, entertainment and healthcare, as well as those that leverage mobile as an element to participate in the digital transformation.
The pitch competition, known as the 4YFN Americas Awards, will focus on accelerating business development and investment for those connected to the mobile and wireless industries. It will highlight the most promising startups from around the world and help them connect with those industries, as well as facilitate a connection to investors, media and potential clients who will be attending the September event.
Five finalists will be selected to pitch on stage in front of investors, media and industry experts. The finalists will be included in the startup catalog of 4YFN Americas – specifically for investors and companies that are invited to participate in the networking part of the event.
The overall winner of the pitch contest will receive:
– invitation to a private investor summit at the L.A. event
– invitation to the L.A. event’s networking receptions
– a free booth at 4YFN Barcelona 2019
– automatic nomination for the ‘GLOMO Startup of the Year Award,’ presented at next year’s event
– speaking invitation for the 4YFN Barcelona Conference Programme 2019
– featured 4YFN Americas Award Winner interview by Mobile World Live at the L.A. event
– company logo included in a highlighted area of the L.A. event
– free passes to the L.A. event (all five finalists get this)
– promotion to international press, articles on GSMA media, marketing and PR channels during and after the L.A. event
– opportunities to be included in the acceleration, mentoring and investment programs by 4YFN strategic partners from well-known accelerators and VC’s
Apply to pitch here.