NEWS: Cleantech Incubator in LA Accepting Applications Through January 19
The Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator, a private nonprofit, is creating an inclusive green economy by unlocking innovation (through working with startups to accelerate the commercialization of clean technologies); transforming markets (through partnerships in transportation, energy and sustainable cities); and enhancing communities (through workforce development, pilots and other programs).
Each year it works with 30 to 40 companies across its three tracks of startup programs and its Founders Business Accelerator to help these startups raise funding and gain traction.
Founded as an economic development initiative by the City of Los Angeles and its Department of Water & Power, the incubator is recognized as one of the most innovative business incubators in the world by UBI.
In the past seven years, LACI has helped 108 startups raise $221 million in funding, $220 million in revenue and create 1,750 jobs, as well as deliver more than $393 million in long term economic value.
What’s Being Offered:
– Advanced curriculum and hands-on advisory service
– Up to $20,000 in funding for small-scale pilot deployment
– Up to $160,000 in business services and perks
– Access to the incubator’s Impact Fund and Debt Fund
Who May Apply:
– Early-stage startups in SoCal with a working prototype
– Startup company with a cleantech “solution” for clean energy, zero emissions mobility or circular economy
Apply by January 19 here to be accepted into the incubator. The next cohort starts in March.