NEWS: Five Aesthetics Tech Startups Seeking Funding. All Gave Pitches at Octane’s Inaugural Aesthetics Technology Summit…
Octane’s inaugural Aesthetics Technology Summit took place Friday at the Balboa Bay Resort in Newport Beach.
At the summit, five companies, which have gone through Octane’s LaunchPad tech and life sciences acclerator, known as LaunchPad, gave pitches. The aesthetics market is a “big, healthy, untapped growing market,” according to panelists at the summit. See related article on highlights from the entire summit here.
Here’s how much each is seeking:
– PatientFi, a fintech startup in Irvine, offering medical providers a financing platform that it claims helps make aesthetic procedures more affordable for patients, is seeking $5 million. This company also won the “People’s Choice Award,” which means the attendees at the summit thought this company gave the best pitch.
– Cyprus Medical, which develops and commercializes medical devices that make plastic surgery less invasive, is seeking $3 million.
– Dominion, which focuses on the invention, development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative medical devices in the field of body contouring, using laser-based tech, is seeking $15 million.
– Innoture Medical Technologies, which developed dermal drug delivery through its 3D Printed Microneedle tech, is seeking $8 million.
– TeVido, which provides pigment cell transplants, to restore lost skin color, is seeking $1.5 million.