NEWS: LearningFuze Offers $6,000 Scholarship for Women in Tech to Become Programmers
A development bootcamp and coding school in Irvine is offering a $6,000 Women in Tech scholarship for its “full immersion” class.
LearningFuze, in partnership with Cox Automotive (Kelley Blue Book), is again offering its Women in Tech Scholarship in 2020.
The mission of this scholarship is to help bridge the gender gap in the tech field.
This scholarship will provide the training needed to become a programmer and provide real-world experience as well.
The $6,000 scholarship will be for LearningFuze’s full immersion program. Upon successful completion of the program, the recipient will be placed directly into the paid Cox Automotive summer internship.
This program provides the web development training needed for Cox Automotive’s internship and the recipient’s future career as a website developer.
Application Deadline: January 22
LearningFuze Prep Classes: Latest possible start date of February 1st (part-time)
LearningFuze Full Immersion Begins: February 17t (full time = 60+ hours/week)
Begin Internship: June 15
– Female interested in coding/programming over 18 years old
– Ability to commit 60+ hours/week (including weekends) to coding/programming
– Monday–Friday requires 12-hour commitments and 8 hours over the weekends
– Interest in going on to a coding career right after completing the program
– Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills
– Own a laptop
– If you need any assistance please email Cassandra at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Submit Full Immersion Application to LearningFuze:
Select February 17th Cohort from Drop-down options
– List “Cox Automotive Scholarship” and what organization you heard about it through when it asks “How did you hear about LearningFuze”?
– In-person Interview with LearningFuze. The interview must be completed by January 24th
– LearningFuze Technical Assessment
Please note: During the interview, a date will be chosen for this based on applicants’ technical knowledge
– To help prepare it’s suggested that you do “Watch and Code”
– The Assessment must be taken by January 31st
– Final Interview with Cox Automotive team member