NEWS: OCTANe Announces Eight Startups That Will Present at its Upcoming Technology Innovation Forum
OCTANe, the tech and life sciences accelerator in Aliso Viejo, announced the startups that will present at its Technology Innovation Forum at the Newport Beach Hotel & Spa from May 13 to 14.
TIF will feature top executives and experts from among the leading companies in the area, including Cylance, Experian, FivePoint, Goldman Sachs and SAP.
OCTANe CEO Bill Carpou will also announce a handful of new initiatives for the organization that he said will demonstrate continued leadership by the organization and contribute to the ongoing tech growth in the SoCal region.
The presenting companies have gone through LaunchPad, OCTANe’s accelerator, which uses a predictive analytics process to help companies make effective presentations to investors.
Since 2011, the LaunchPad SBDC panel process has reviewed more than 570 companies. Of these, 86% have received funding, and 88% of those receiving funding remain operational.
Since inception, LaunchPad has raised more than $2.1 billion in investment capital, which OCTANe said has produced more than 10,000 jobs.
The eight LaunchPad companies presenting at TIF include:
• Cellonyx, which offers AI-based software load balancing tools for cellular congestion as alternatives to the expensive, long-lead tools available to mobile operators and cellular infrastructure providers
• CLI Studios is a provider of weekly online dance classes, featuring world-renowned choreographers, and tailored to dancers, teachers and studio owners
• Conectric provides self-installable and scalable dynamic wireless mesh connectivity for wireless sensors.
• IntelliVision Entertainment is family-oriented, affordable gaming system designed for in-home play together with family and friends.
• Oakleaf Solutions delivers integrated real-time geo-spatial information to enterprise and government customers via
GridMeNow, a cloud-based platform-as-a-service (PaaS) that the company claims has generated millions in revenue over the last decade.
SiC Technologies manufactures a patent-pending aerospace grade hybrid composite brake rotor for automotive and commercial vehicles. This tech address regulation issues, while also contributing positively to the environment.
• Trackstreet is an AI-powered software platform leveraged by some of the world’s leading brands to protect and grow brand value.
• VolunteerCrowd creates a tracking history of service hours, awards and recommendations, distinguishing students’ achievements on college, job, internship and scholarship applications.
Also at TIF, Blast, which participated in LaunchPad, will share its story. See related article on Blast here. Blast created a gamification platform intended to help people micro-save and earn money while playing games.